Finally, I have a recipe to make a pot of black beans while you whisk off to work. When you return home the beans are ready to eat. Make sure you have a crock pot that goes to a warm setting once it finishes cooking.
Grocery shopping list: Dried Black Beans, Garlic Powder, Bay leaves, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cumin, Black Pepper, Chipotle Powder, Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Italian Seasonings.
Great as a soup, salad topper or side item.
2 lbs of dried black beans (soaked overnight in water then rinsed)
2 32 oz of Water or Broth
2 tbsp garlic powder
3 dried bay leaves
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 red onion or sweet onion (diced)
5 garlic cloves (diced)
2 pinches of italian seasonings
- Soak beans over night in water (1 part beans, 2 parts water).
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Add organic broth (chicken, vegetable) until you reach 1 inch above the top layer of the beans.
- Add seasonings, onions, and garlic.
- Cook in crockpot for 10 hours.
- Add 1 cup to the beans to a bowl then enhance the flavor with pink himalayan sea salt, chipotle powder, olive oil.
- Great as a soup, salad topper (drain off liquid) or side for an entree.