This coconut maple almond granola makes a delicious snack, yogurt topper or cereal with your choice of milk. This granola is better than store bought granola because you are using wholesome, lactose free, gluten free, and heart smart ingredients.
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- 4 cups old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted almond slivers (Trader Joe’s)
- 3/4 cup of organic virgin coconut oil (Costco)
- 3/4 cup of 100% pure honey or maple syrup
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Vanilla Protein Powder (substitute with your preference)
- 1 cup of unsweetened golden raisins (omit for diabetics)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat the over to 375 F
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven
- Spray the baking pan with spray oil
- In a large bowl mix oats, oat flour, almond, raisins and vanilla protein powder.
- In a small bowl mix all wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla)
- Pour the mixed wet ingredients on the dried ingredients and stir with your hands until well combined.
- Divide your mixture between two oiled pans and spread in an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stir the granola, and switch the positions of the pans. Bake for another 10 minutes until the oats are golden brown and the almonds look well toasted. Do not overcook.
- Let the granola cool completely in the pans. The granola may feel soft but will get crisp as they cool. When completely cool, mix in the cranberries.
- For my protein powder, I use Vi-Shape. Vi-Shape, is a nutritious and filing meal replacement designed to help you lose weight, maintain your shape, and support lean muscle. It is enriched with 25 additional health promoting vitamins and minerals to support your lean muscle mass, dietary fiber for colon health. It has a perfect blend of whey and Non-GMO soy protein without soy isoflavones. Vi Shape is lactose-free, gluten-free, heart smart, certified Kosher and with only <1 gram of sugar it is friendly toward those watching their sugar intake. Vi-Shape is the “shake mix that tastes like cake mix”.
For more free recipes, join the 7-day clean eating challenge group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/865874270176047/