Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 large minneola tangelo (yields 3/4 cup of juice)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 scoops of our vanilla moringa enhanced protein powder (optional)**
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. of raw coconut sugar (optional)
- Add tangelo juice, coconut milk and lemon juice to the blender
- Turn on the blender
- Slowly add our vanilla moringa enhanced protein powder
- Slowly add the spinach
- Slowly add the frozen fruit
- While the blender is on, slowly add the ice cubes
**Moringa is a superfood with over 92 nutrients. More information about the health benefits of moringa can be found here: http://wholisticallyimproveyou.myzija.com/moringa/index.html
10-20% discount on our protein powder available for preferred customers or business partners. Place your order today and receive a customized smoothie recipe
Enjoy this treat!
You will need…
- 2 Gala apples (sliced 1/8th inch)
- salt (optional),
- cayenne pepper (optional).
- Slice your apples into thin slivers.
- Place the apple slivers onto your cookie sheet.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 F for about 2 hours, or until crisp to your liking.
- Pull out and enjoy!
Coconut milk is an excellent substitute for regular milk. It has a lot of saturated fatty acids and medium-chain triglycerides (MCT). These two organic molecules are easily burned as energy by your body. MCTs are super advantageous because they don’t require bile acids to digest in your small intestine. In short, it’s quite easy for your body to digest, meaning no upset stomach and no bloating!
- keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic
- relaxes muscles and nerves
- helps in controlling weight
- helps in lowering high blood pressure
- helps in maintaining a healthy immune system
- promotes the health of prostate gland
- aids in building strong bones
- and helps to prevent anemia
I’d stay away from canned coconut milk as the packaging causes bisphenol-A (BPA) and guar gum to leach into your milk. Bisphenol-A is a horrible chemical that usually leaches from plastic water bottles and other plastic products and, if digested enough, leads to cancer and birth defects. Guar gum, on the other hand, isn’t necessarily harmful to you. It is just difficult to digest.
Instead, look to purchase your coconut milk in cartons. Silk milk is my favorite! I use it in a lot of my smoothies and it works wonders.